Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragster1090 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 11:51 AM
    How do I find missing numbers from a sequece in excel 2003
    I have a spread sheet with a thousand rows. These rows were numbered sequentially by part number. However, over the years people have deleted and added many rows (and there numbers). Is there a way to find out which part numbers are missing?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 19, 2010, 12:16 PM

How about sorting the list, so you can scan and see where the gaps in part numbers are? If the parts are sequential (part 1, part 2, etc), you can put a formula in the adjacent column to show a flag if the part number is not equal to the previous part number plus 1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 2007 to have excel 2003 look? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I have Microsoft Excel 2007, from my course at college I have been given instructions to do a task. However these instructions are for excel 2003. How do I change my excel 07 to look like excel 03 so that it is easier. I know there is a way, help greatly appreicated thanks.

Auto Generating Sequential Numbers in Excel 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All I would like to have sequential Auto Generated Numbers in column A of my Excel 2003 Spreadsheets e.g A1=1, A2=2, A3=3 etc. But I would like Excel to auto generate this number, rather than input?

Missing File with Word 2003 (all Office 2003 programs) [ 3 Answers ]

I recently started having problems opening any of my Office 2003 Professional programs. The files seem to open, but an error pops up saying that I'm missing a file named PS561401.cab, and can not open without reinstalling the program. I don't have the installation disks for Office, as this...

View more questions Search