Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynallen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Keyboard not responding after plugging another one into a laptop
    My Dell laptop keyboard is not responding. I was having trouble using my laptop keyboard so a friend plugged a regular keyboard into it. It worked fine for awhile then stopped responding. My laptop keyboard has stopped responding also.
    What to do?
    abaka Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 09:36 PM
    What is the operating system you use if xp go to control panel system click device manager and check the keyboard right click on the properties of the key board see the device has any problem or work properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I unlock my laptop keyboard - it types the wrong thing! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, My Sony Viao laptop has some weird setting where you can change the keyboard letters to type numbers or symbols. I have no idea how I made this turn on and cannot figure out how to turn it off. Currently, if I type the letter "U" for example, the screen displays a 4. HELP!

Laptop keyboard problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all Please help. My laptop has started generating random characters when I am writing an email. At the end of some lines there looks to be a carraige return symbol and at the end of others there looks to be a number nine type symbol (althought it isn't a nine). A central dot is also...

Laptop Keyboard problem [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard got jammed. I am sure there is a key or set of keys to press to release the jam because I can recall I had a problem with my old laptop some 2 years ago which was sorted thus. The present problem is with the new dell laptop three weeks old. Can somebody help.

Toilets plugging up [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I have two toilets on the main level of my home. One is the main bathroom and the other is off the master bedroom. They are about 15 feet away from each other and I believe that they use a common sewer pipe. In the last few weeks they each have plugged up a few times each. It is easily...

Safety when plugging in hardware [ 1 Answers ]

I have read it is wise to turn the computer off before plugging in a mouse or keyboard. Does the same rule apply to plugging a digital camera into a USB port?

View more questions Search