Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarajorakos09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 12:21 AM
    First violation of felony probation??
    I need help! My husband pled guilty to a first degree felony. He was sentenced to ten years prison time and five years probation. He got out and got a violation of probation charge after two years. It's all a lie and we have evidence to support it, however if we fight this how much time is he looking at if we don't take the plea agreement this time? The original charge could have been 30 years but they only sentenced him to 15 all together! They can't repentance him more than original sentence can they? Am I right in saying the max he can get is 5 years prison because that was his original probation sentence and that was what was violated? If that is not true please break it all down so I know! Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2010, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarajorakos09 View Post
    Am I right in saying the max he can get is 5 years prison because that was his original probation sentence
    Hello S:

That would be my understanding... Of course, I don't know all the circumstances. Get him a lawyer.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2010, 09:46 PM

Drag out a copy of his original sentencing paperwork and look that over. It will give exactly what the Judge had in mind the day he was originally sentenced. It will spell out in great detail what would/will happen to him if he violates his probation and how much time in jail he could do. We can only speculate. Get the paperwork out or go down to the Courthouse and ask the Clerk for a copy of it. Probably 25 cents a page and probably about 3 pages at most.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Felony probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

What does a warrantless search permit the police to do? I am on felony probation. How long can the warrantless search go on for (hours or days)? Am I permitted to be in a house where guns are kept locked in a safe?

Felony probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

I am on felony probation and I got arrested for fighting but the other person did not press charges! But they did charge me with public disturbance and I bonded out my bnd was 500 and they said it was a misdemeanor but I went to my probation today and she said I violated for being out of the county...

Felony Violation of Felony Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New York state, and this past week, my boyfriend, who is on Felony probation (and has already went through 1 out of 5 years) for criminal mischief, overdosed on heroin. He was caught with 2 bags of herion on him when the EMT and Police came. He then attempted to eat them so that he...

Felony probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend got arrested today for driving while license revoked and he is already on felony probation. What will happen to him?

View more questions Search