Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bur0043 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
    Severe depression and anxiety
    I have severe depression and anxiety I refuse to take my medication. I have tried to commit suicide 3 time and has been hospitalized only 1 I cut and I just want it to end. I need help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 11:09 PM

You might need help, but you are refusing the help you have already been given.

May I ask why you refuse to take your medicine?
    aishamedi Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2010, 12:20 AM
    It's a pity what you are going through but my dear, what makes you so sure that by ending your life your issues will be solved? It's a good thing you can do something about it, stop pitying yourself, gather yourself together and rebuild your life so that it runs well again. Life is a constant challenge but it is worth while to mostly accept it. It start in your mind. Good luck.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2010, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bur0043 View Post
    i have severe depression and anxiety i refuse to take my medication. i have tried to commit suicide 3 time and has been hospitalized only 1 i cut and i just want it to end. i need help
    I too wonder why you refuse to take your medicine? Would you not take the medicine prescribed if you were diabetic? Had high blood pressure? Or any other sort of illness?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 19, 2010, 05:54 AM
    In your defense, sometimes the living situation can be a big part of the problem, so please Answer below: is anything at home intolerable, or is all your pain from an unidentifiable source? Do you have a loving parent or guardian, or 2? Any brothers and sisters who are happy and OK? How old are you? Ever had a serious illness or injury? Does a therapist talk with you once a week, and do you feel that it helps in any way?

Like many depressed and suicidal people, you are asking for help in the same breath as wanting it all to end. That's not as contradictory as it sounds. We are built for survival and cannot stop breathing by holding our breaths, but violence against ourselves does not go hand in hand with wanting to end the pain. See if you can find a moment when you can address the wish for help and decide exactly what the help you want is. Then ask an adult for it. If it means also taking medication, go along with it as a compromise for now, a trade for what you want. Refusing it AND wanting help just won't work.

Nov 23, 2010, 03:25 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I'm 16 in high school I have both a mother and father but they are separated I hate my mums boy friend he's aggressive I'm terrified to be left with him. I have 2 sis 1 bro and I do like them. I've never had an injury but I allways seem to be ill.

Nov 23, 2010, 03:28 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I refuse to take meds because they make me feel empty I don't feel anything. And I'm sick and tired of feeling like that and not having anything work. It feels as if everything I try and do fails completely
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2010, 06:49 AM

Have you discussed with your doctor how the meds make you feel? It can sometimes take a few adjustments, either in the medication itself or in the dose used, before you find what works best for you.

It is very important to be on what works for you so that you can feel better. Talk to your mother or father about how you have been feeling. Since you like your brother and sisters, spend more time with them, and with your friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe depression [ 5 Answers ]

Severe depression 38 years old, been depressed most of my life but this has gotten to a different level, very dark, scarey thoughts, hard to get out of bed,have never found the right medicine and I am getting worse. I live in Indpls. I do not have money but need help please

Severe Depression [ 6 Answers ]

Can severe depression lead to shoplifting and memory loss. Also, can it cause hallucinations?

Severe Depression or something more severe? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am very confused right now. I had been in a relationship for about one year. In the beginning this person was completely candid with me and told me they suffered from MS, OCD and two years previously had suffered from a about of clinical depression, whereby they tried to kill themselves...

Severe Depression or something more severe? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am very confused right now. I had been in a relationship for about one year. In the beginning this person was completely candid with me and told me they suffered from MS, OCD and two years previously had suffered from a about of clinical depression, whereby they tried to kill themselves...

Depression and Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

I have suffered with major depression and anxiety problems for about 5 years but last year I was put in the hospital about 3 times for OD and cutting. I had been doing really well until recently when I had problems work and then lost my job and now I just feel like I am falling apart all over...

View more questions Search