Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LCDM23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 09:45 PM
    Hard bump on knee cap
    Having a lot of pain in my knee and swelling as well. There's a bump hard not soft where my knee cap ends about an 1 1/2 inch high.
    I have and an MRI no tear, so what can this be?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 10:27 PM

Could be a chipped cap. My brother had chipped something in there and the piece had traveled like 3 inces below the top of his knee cap so just below his knee cap and it was ahrd bump and one day after we ran a 5k it swelled up twice as big and the doc had to go in a take it out!

Just an idea!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful lump on knee cap [ 10 Answers ]

Just recently I have been having pain in my left knee that is so severe that I have to brace myself on something when I am sitting down. I have also developed a painful lump on the top of my knee cap that is about dime sized, is definitely part of the bone, not soft tissue, and is tender to the...

Painfull hard lump on my right knee cap [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small lump on the top portion of my right kneecap, hurts when bent and loaded with weight (my own), I workout reg. its hard to get up from a chair or when squatting down

Bump on 2 year old just below knee [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my nephew has a bump just below his knee its been there for about 2 weeks. I am not sure if he just had a nasty fall and the bump will soon disappear. Can having a bump that doesn't go away mean something serious.

Hurt my knee cap what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I triped on my metal stiars and now my knee cap is dented and it hurts when I move it.

View more questions Search