Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Toyota 1993 Corolla fuel pump problem
    I have a 93 Corolla that just stopped. No noise coming from fuel pump. Replaced pump and checked main relay and circuit opening relay. Both seem to check out according to manual. Still no noise at fuel pump. Any ideas. Thanks
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2010, 06:19 PM

If the CEL comes on with key on, then at least we know the computer's alive. If not, we got trouble.

The rest would be electrical wiring problems leading to the pump.
    The DLC under the hood will allow you to jump the fuel pump on (pin B+-FP) with KOEO.
    This will allow you to check fuel pressure. All you mention is "noise".
    That is only heard after start attempts, you know that, correct?
    stevent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 06:25 PM
    No, on everything else I own, including turf equipment where I work, you hear pump when the key is turned on. My wife's plymouth van was also like that when we put new pump in. Says same in my Toyota manual. I'll try cranking and then listen. Thanks
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2010, 07:20 PM

Ok, just so you know, Toyota fuel systems work on sustained pressure. Pressure is held with a check valve in the pump after shut down.
    The pump will prime, but only while the key is held to "crank".
    Then you only may hear it for a second after.

Try my idea of jumping the check connector under the hood.
    Then you can "run" the pump for hours on end if you like with the key on, engine off. (koeo)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Honda Accord no start, no fuel pressure, changed fuel pump twice! [ 17 Answers ]

Was intermittent at first, would die when I was coming to a stop and would take a second to start back up and really pumping the gas pedal after it fired up. It would not start back up one time, got it towed to the shop and the mechanic quoted me $770 for a new fuel pump :/ so I told him I would...

2003 toyota corolla s fuel pressure problem [ 6 Answers ]

2003 toyota corolla s won't start. It died while I was going up a hill the other day. It made a whining noise right before it died. I had my car towed to a friends house with a good shop to work on it. I checked the fuel pressure underneath the hood and there was absolutely no pressure. I've...

Is their a fuse for the fuel pump on a 1993 ford taurus? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. Can you tell me if there is a fuse for the fuel pump and if so then where is it located. Also, how do you tell if the "constant control relay module" has gone bad on this type car?

Fuel pump relay 1993 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the location of the fuel pump relay on a 1993 honda accord

1993 toyota corolla fuel problems [ 7 Answers ]

The car stalled while driving. Suspected fuel pump problems, so I listened for the 2 second fuel system prime. I could not hear the system "whirring" sound as described by the manual. I followed the prescribed T/S steps. No voltage present at the pump during the 2 second priming stage. Next, I...

View more questions Search