Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gardenman13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 03:15 PM
    I have 2-wire (W, & R) going to a new digital thermostat (W, & RC jumpered to RH).
    The $100,000 question is: DO I KEEP THEM JUMPERED and connect JUST TO RH, or DO I DISCONNECT THE JUMPER AND JUST WIRE 'R' from furnace to 'RH' and leave 'RC' out of the loop completely?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2010, 08:32 PM
    Leave it jumpered,, now wheres my $100,000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrade two wire thermostat to digital? [ 3 Answers ]

I tried to change out the thermostat with the digital but, when I unhooked the red and white wire from the old themostat the blower comes on and does not shut off. I hooked the new thermostat up white wire to W and red to RH and it still would not shut off until I hooked the old themostat back up....

Honeywell digital thermostat to old two wire? [ 1 Answers ]

How to hook Honeyweel 5 terminal to 2 wire furnace? Connections, Y, G, Rh, Rc, W

Trying to upgrade old 8 wire thermostat to new digital [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I thought this would be a breeze since I build computers, looks like I was wrong :confused: I took the old thermostat apart to expose the wires and noticed that in the instructions, there is no mention about 8 wire hook ups? Don't know what I'm doing at this point, and from what I can figure,...

How do I wire in a digital thermostat? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question. How do I wire in a digital thermostat as my current thermostat's (Nordyne 914832) wiring is y g r o w2 c and I purchased every model Home Depot had (up to the $8x.00 ones) and when I tried wiring up the way the instructions said I had either (depending on which model)...

How do I wire in a digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat wiring is y g r o w2 e c .the new wiring is c g y o/b rc r aux e l . Can someone tell me how to wire it. I'm trying to wire in a honeywell digital thermostat. Model rth7400 my current therm is a nordyne 914832. Please help

View more questions Search