Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debaide36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 08:02 AM
    College application fees and testing fees as tax deductions
    Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 09:38 AM
    If your son eneds up attending that particular college, then, In my opinion, you CAN deduct the application fees.

The testing fees are NOT deductible, nor is the emaoney spent to request scores.
    crthompson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 10:17 AM
    See answer above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College application fee = tax deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

Is college application fee tax deductible? How about AP, SAT test fees?

Relocation fees [ 5 Answers ]

I live in an apartment in San Pedro CA and the owner is in the process of selling the building. We agreed to take the offer to move "voluntarily" with the help of relocation money. I am under rent control and the escrow should close sometime between the 8th and the 12th of Dec. (a few days). We...

Court fees etc. [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord charged me a late fee and a court fee for last months rent. I paid the rent on time but used a personal check. I went on vacation for a week out of town. Rent is due by 5th; I submitted check on the 4th; left for vacation on 6th; landlord returned check on 7th with late notice and...

Fees [ 2 Answers ]

Can the opposing attorney charge interest on money awarded on court costs? In California thanks

Non-resident fees [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.  I am a student and an aspiring seasoned traveler.  The only problem?  I cannot afford to pay non-resident fees every time I want to move out of a state. Any suggestions on how to get around this?  Financial aide I can apply for?  If not, become a resident? Please help!! Thank you for your...

View more questions Search