Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George Scrivener Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Boundary fence
    Some new neighbors have planted some hornbeam trees adjacent to our existing
    Brickwall.
    I am concerned that the roots can eventually damage the brickwall, the neighbors
    Maintain that the roots will move away from the foundations.
    Can anybody help?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Contact the extension service in your county and explain your concerns to them, ask them about the tree
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2007, 09:49 AM
    It is possible that roots can and will travel under your wall, I am not sure of that type of tree, many trees have roots that travel 100's of feet. Some go deeper and other stay closer to the surface.

Now on the other hand, he has a legal right on his property to plant any type of tree of bush he wants.

It is possible to havve chemicals put in the soil, or even rock salt in a trench along the fence to keep roots away from it..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fence Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth Thanks!

The fence [ 58 Answers ]

Should the United States build a fence along our southern border with Mexico?

Fence Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth Thanks!

Wood fence [ 1 Answers ]

I want to build a fence 8 ft tall and I am requested by the city engineered wind load calculations for 90 miles per hour, sustained for 3 seconds. How do I calculate this? Thanks for any help

Leaning Block Fence [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for advice on how to straighten a leaning block fence. The problem looks something like this (sorry for the poor graphic): ----------| | -----------| | Fence leaning to left, away from yard -----------| | ------------| | ------------| | -------------| | -------------| ...

View more questions Search