Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cris2135 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 04:42 PM
    California law for car insurance settlements vs hospital settlements
    Where can I find information regarding California law for ins settlements vs hospital debt
    I was told that they can only take 50% of what I settled for... is this true.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 05:41 PM

No, you have to consider all of the bills before you reach a settlement, unless you have some pre agreed to settlement with the hospital, you owe the entire bill as it is billed.

It is not their issue if you would agree to an settlement that does not cover their costs.

Also often in car accidents the majority of the bill may be hospital bills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying taxes on insurance settlements [ 6 Answers ]

I was hit by a driver while I was a pedestrian. My left leg was totally shattered. It took 3 1/2 hours of surgery to fix it. I have a large plate and 11 screws in my leg. I am going to be coming into a very large cash settlement. Do I have to pay taxes on this money? If so at what tax rate is it...

Car accident settlements? [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a car accident 4 months ago. I did go to the chiropractor for 3 months. They other Party did not have car insurance. So my insurance took care of my medical bill they are not offering a good settlement offer what can I do to get a good offer from them.

Settlements with your own insurance company [ 1 Answers ]

How long should it take for payment when your insurance company has totaled your car I was in car accident and my insurance totaled my car and found me 100% not at fault. How long before I can expect payment? I need a car

Divorce Settlements [ 1 Answers ]

Are divorce settlements taxable. Are they the same as reg tax the IRS get from you each year. Does the Gov, get 40 precent of your settlement? How does this work

Car injury settlements [ 1 Answers ]

How much should I ask for when settling for injuruies I received from a car accident. I have injuries to both shoulders that required surgery

View more questions Search