Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Jan 6, 2007, 02:55 AM
    Apprentice Carpenter
    Im looking into getting an apprenticeship in carpentary but have no idea what it would be like or what I would have to do
    Like... I get the apprenticeship.. what now?
    What are my duties, what do I do and who tells me to do it and trains me.
    By the way if you were wondering I live in Queensland, Australia.
    If anyone was an apprentice, or is/was a carpenter I would really appreciate all you could tell me.
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2007, 10:18 AM
    You are going to be doing all the grunt work, all the dirty work, and all the go fetch work. ( at least that is how it works in the US)

Often here in the US they are going to teach you from the ground up. Someone is going to have to unload all those boards and carry them up to the second floor, someone is going to have to crawl under the floor to tighten loose joints.

But you learn, to measure and cut, to do various joints. You are going to learn building codes and proper wood, the direction of grains of wood for various jobs for the best strengh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpenter Bees [ 2 Answers ]

What canyou get to get rid of carpenter bees?

Carpenter bee problem [ 5 Answers ]

The other day I noticed a bumble bee making a hole on the wood right underneath the roof line, and today there is another hole. What can I do to stop them from doing this? What should I do to patch the hole? Please help. :mad:

View more questions Search