Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronanthony Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 07:44 AM
    Is a separate water meter and gas meter required for each unit of a two-family house
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2010, 07:57 AM

If the two units had separate systems then answer is yes. However, if this is a conversion from a single family house the piping would be a single system on a single meter.
    If this is new construction you would have two systems and separate meters for each unit. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does our new house have a 2" water meter? [ 5 Answers ]

We bought a new house in the same neighborhood as our old house, so we were surprised when our base rate on our water bill jumped from 4.00 to 22.40. We learned that our old house had a 5/8" water meter and our new house has a 2" water meter. The new house has an additional bathroom and a sink in...

What size meter/tap size do I need to run public water 0.3 miles from meter to house [ 3 Answers ]

I need to connect to public water for a variety of reasons. City Engineering has told me I need to make the determination of tap size. House is ~ 0.3 miles from where meter will be installed on driveway/public street junction. City Engineering will make no recommendations on tap size but have...

Best way to install water line over 2,000 ft from meter to house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house that the meter is over 2,000 feet away. What would be the safest, most durable, and economical pipe to use?

What is the avg. Gas p.s.I. From gas meter on the residentcial side of meter [ 2 Answers ]

What is the avg. gas p.s.I. from gas meter on the residentcial side of meter. I think its 5 lbs. I live in Los Angeles, don't know if it changes from state to state.:eek:

Duplex separate meter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question I just bought a converted dupex but the house just has one electrical panel and the previous owner just paid for the electricity. I want to change that so that each apartment has it own panel and meter. Now I wanted to find out if I were to separate the wires at the panel and...

View more questions Search