Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloe085 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 05:29 AM
    Scoliosis
    Hi. I was born with mildish scoliosis and always have more pain at this time of year. However I am now 25 and just recently as in the last few weeks the pain in my hip and lower back is worse. Could my scoliosis be getting worse?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 05:35 AM

Chloe, scoliosis is a spinal condition, the name means curved spine. The condition is chronic meaning it never goes away and will degenerate and impact on other parts of your parts of your body such as your hips. Your posture, in your case, is little off kilter so that means that your hips will be too to compensate. This will eventually impact on other upright motivational bones in your body over time.

I suggest you see your doctor if you are experiencing discomfort.

Tick

Nov 17, 2010, 07:02 AM

Ok thank you very much. It is definatlely getting worse then after reading what you've said therefor I will go to a doctor. Thank you.
    restchiro Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Yes, it will get worse, even though many doctors say it will stop progressing once you reach 'bone maturity.' I've seen many patients who continue getting worse even in their 30's and 40's.

You need to check out The Clear Scoliosis Institute. It is a non-profit foundation, aimed at the successful Non-bracing and Non-surgical correction of Scoliosis.

Non Surgical Scoliosis Treatment and Non Bracing Scoliosis Treatment

Here is a video testimony of a girl with 60+ degree cobb, which was reduced to 15 degrees, without surgery or bracing.

Scoliosis Non-Surgical Treatment: Reduction and Rehabilitation - YouTube

And then a link to other Clear Institute video...

Clear Institute - YouTube

Dr. Nick Weddle

Feb 20, 2014, 06:12 AM
    Thank you very much for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix scoliosis [ 3 Answers ]

I am 12 years old and my school checked every kid for scoliosis and I have it. What can be done to completely get rid of it. I am only starting to get it. Is there anything other than a brace that I can use to fix it?:(

Scoliosis treatment [ 9 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and have got scoliosis. I don't know how serious it is but I wish to get rid of it. It makes by back hurt if wearing something on my left shoulder (which is a little higher than my right one). Also, my back gets very stiff if I have been standing straight for some time, let's say...

Spondylosis and scoliosis or is it both [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has had spondylosis for a number of years. Recently They called it scoliosis. I do not think these conditions are one Of the same? Scoliosis is curvature of the spine. I wonder if its two different problems, perhap one Has caused the other?

View more questions Search