Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jose_Lopez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 07:37 PM
    John deere riding lawn mower starts, but the lawn mower transmission won't engage
    My John Deere riding lawn mower worked fine, It got a flat tire so I removed the tire and fixed it. I then replaced the tire. The lawn mower will turn on, the blades will engage, but the transmission won't engage. I checked the rod in the back of the lawn mower and it was in. I pulled it out and pushed it back in and it still won't engage. I checked the first pully under the engine and the one on top of the transmission and they both engage. Does any one know what could be the problem??
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2010, 09:22 PM

There's a square key stock that goes on the axle and keeps the wheel from turning ,if you raise up the side you took off you will see it spins freely , and if you look at the axle you will see were it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere riding lawn mower won't start? [ 2 Answers ]

My John Deere riding lawn mower LA100 will not start? I have replaced the starter, solenoid, relay switch, ignition switch, placed a new battery on and all it does is click in the solenoid.

Starting John Deere riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John Deere riding mower, model L118, and it cranks forever before it starts. Quite often the battery goes dead from cranking and I have to jump start it. How do you position your gas feed and choke levers when starting this machine? Also, is there any reason the battery does not charge...

Diagram for a John Deere L'165 riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

How do I put the mower belt on a L165 John Deere riding lawn mower. It slipped off while cutting grass.

Gas Tank collapse on John Deere riding lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

My gas tank on my John Deere riding lawn mower collapsed in on itself. After I removed the cap and carefully adding some gas in sprang back in shape. Does anyone know why this occurred.

View more questions Search