Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortbus46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 07:24 PM
    Replacing of speed sensor on 2004 pontiac sunfire?
    Where is the speed seņor located on a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. I replaced the Cluster and if fixxed the RPM but the speedometer is still acting wac
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 08:55 AM

It is mounted on the transmission:

Name:  VSS.bmp
Views: 4425
Size:  276.1 KB

Does the odometer function properly? If so the fault isn't the VSS and you'll need further diagnosis.
    Let us know...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto transmission will not downshift in pontiac sunfire 3 speed transmission [ 0 Answers ]

My car Pontiac Sunfire with a 3 speed automatic transmission will not downshift. I already replaced and adjusted the shift cable. It upshifts with no problem and will go as fast as I give it gas. What could the problem be? Thanks!

Speed sensor for a 2003 sunfire [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2003 automatic sunfire and my speedometer isn't working and sometimes it will jump all over the place and added to this problem my car will not change gears right and sometimes she changes hard. Also sometimes when I'm going 50 or 60km and let off the gas she will go back into first gear....

2004 Pontiac Sunfire [ 3 Answers ]

I have yet another question for you guys. I also own among my array of cars a 2004 Sunfire. This car is my primary car and it is a great little car. 120k miles and still pushing strong. But I have a feeling the mileage is starting to catch up. Here's what happens. 90% the car runs like a top....

2004 Pontiac Sunfire w/Pioneer DEH P7300r Receiver [ 0 Answers ]

I need a mount and faceplate that fits my car, I can't find one. Need help! Thanks Rick

2004 Pontiac Sunfire Rev Limiter [ 4 Answers ]

Is a rev limiter needed? What for? Can it be taken off?

View more questions Search