Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Nov 16, 2010, 04:15 PM
    Peeling hard-boiled eggs
    I make hard-boiled eggs often and while most of them peel easily, I sometimes get a few that are very difficult to peel and a lot of the white comes off with the bits of shell. Is there any way to make sure that all of them peel well?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 05:02 PM

I've heard as long as they are cooled right away, then they should peel nicely. Other wise it all depends on the freshness of the egg. The older the egg, the easier to peel.
    chefpierce Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Dec 23, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Not true... tap them on the top of the egg, or the narrowest point... there is a thin skin inside an egg, and by cracking the egg on the top (where the skin is attatched to the shell), you can remove the shell with ease. Also, for better eggs, put them in cold water, add salt, let the water boil, then bring the water down to a gentle simmer. No sulfur smells!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 11:54 AM

I also heard to boil with a tablespoon of vinegar and the eggs won't crack when you boil.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 23, 2010, 07:23 PM

Also if you tap the top of the hard boiled egg to break the shell then roll it between your hands it will loosen the shell and can be easily removed.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do You Know When the Boiled Eggs Have Been Boiled Enough? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay, some of you regulars know that I've been getting into the deviled egg thing. Have been doing lots of experimenting with fixing them. Also, I'm finding that preparing them is a really messy thing to do! My question is though, how do you know when you've boiled them enough,...

Tips and Tricks to Peeling Boiled Eggs? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, All! Are there any? I get pretty sloppy in the kitchen. Sometimes I prepare some things that are tasty, sometimes... well, I guess that I might call them "experiments". Peeling boiled eggs, to me, is something of a chore as well as a potential mess. Is there an easy way to peel...

Hard boiled eggs [ 29 Answers ]

Any tips how to make it easier to remove the shells from Hard boiled eggs?

Hard boiled eggs [ 2 Answers ]

Can you freeze hard boiled eggs

How long are hard boiled eggs safe for consumption [ 1 Answers ]

How long are refrigerated hard boiled eggs still in the shell good? How long before they are no longer safe or good to eat?

View more questions Search