Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tharanayan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 10:41 AM
    Why are cooling pipes at the top of the fridge?how is the air left in fridge cooled
    Why are cooling pipes at the top of the fridge?how is the air left in fridge cooled?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2010, 11:53 AM

Very basic physics at play... when a liquid is turned onto a vapor via a pressure drop it absorbs ambient heat... when its compressed back into a liquid it expels that heat...

What refrigerant used maximizes the ability with the amount of heat it can move... and safety and practicality. There are many different ways to do this... and not suitable for every given situation.

As far as what tubes are where it depends on the refrigerator.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2010, 12:17 PM

Well, to be most efficient, the tubes are placed at the highest place in the refrigerator because the warmer air in the refrigerator will tend to rise whilst the cooler air will tend to do down, due to differences in densities. This way, the refrigerator is more efficient

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag fridge (MTB1956DEW) problem - freezer frosting up, fridge not staying cold [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maytag fridge with top freezer. The model # is MTB1956DEW. Over the last week, my freezer continuously frosts up with lost of crystal ice on the back and top while at the same time the fridge section below is not staying cold at all. I really like this fridge and really don't want to...

Maytag freezer is cooling... fridge is not cooling. Any suggestions? [ 0 Answers ]

Maytag refridge is not cooling (freezer is). Any suggestions or does anyone know if I need a repair person and what the problems and range of expected reasonable costs might be to have it fixed.

Whirlpool side by side not cooling fridge and top part of freezer [ 4 Answers ]

10 year old whirlpool side by side with ice maker suddenly stopped getting col on fridge side. Also freezer only gets cold near bottom.shut down unit for 4 hours. Plugged back in same problem.is it condenser or something else?

Fridge not cooling too well. [ 2 Answers ]

So I have a Gorenje Pacific fridge/freezer and it is around 10 years old. About 4 months ago it started to cool less effectively than usual. The freezer worked fine but the fridge section definitely struggled to keep things cool. I realized that the seal was losing contact in a couple of places...

GE fridge not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

Wondering if you had any ideas what might be causing the problem?

View more questions Search