Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vivywivy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Something rubbed my back in my sleep
    So I have a question for you all, And I know this may sound completely corny, I might have thought the same had it not happened to me several times. Last night as I lay almost asleep, I felt something behind me on the couch. Whatever this was made a low growling, or maybe snarling in my ear, I laid there terrified thinking I was imangining things?. but then I felt a rubbing sensation behind my shoulder blade, as if someone were rubbing my back, at this time a horrible feeling came over me, I tried to move but could not, and started to feel a slow tightening around my neck. I kept telling myself to move, to do something but I just couldn't get myself to do it. After about 10 seconds I sat straight up, scared out of my mind. My heart was pounding a million miles an hour. Idk *** it was? Some people may say it was sleep paralysis a.k.a. the old hag syndrome. I have dealt with sleep paralysis before, and this WAS NOT the same thing. Any ideas as to what this thing could have been?.
    cazort Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2010, 09:21 AM
    This could have been a dream. Often, we'll have dreams in which we think we wake up, but we're still dreaming. It could have been sleep paralysis like you suggest, but it could also have been a dream in which you were imagining / recollecting an experience similar to to sleep paralysis, combined with other sensations. Sometimes these can be triggered by things like rolling over in your sleep and feeling covers or some object brush against some part of your body.

You may have some underlying fears or anxiety that is surfacing in this sensation. You might find it helpful to lie in bed and imagine a gentle, caring, affectionate touch from someone you are comfortable with, that may make you feel more comfortable.

But I would not worry about it! Just think comforting thoughts and maybe talk to people about it if it makes you feel better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need sleep, are on stilnox, clinics can cure the addiction but how do I sleep after [ 4 Answers ]

I have been drinking stilnox for three years to sleep, understand I am sort of addictive to it, been to docters, clinics, sleeping facilities, drank herbal medicine, follwed what's called sleep hygience, drank serotonin enhancers, NOTHING works, it's extremely difficult to get stilnox here and...

Gold hallmark rubbed away [ 0 Answers ]

I have a ring which I found in my attic. Its gold but I don't no if its real gold. The hallmarks have rubbed away but it looks about like one of the hallmarks was R. also another ring has rubbed away but looks like it said shell? Srell? Sriel? Shiel? Please help. Thanks.

Smell from oil rubbed bronze faucet [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced both old bathroom sink faucets on a double sink in master bath with oil rubbed bronze faucets. Now the water that comes out of both faucets smells of mothballs. There is no odor from any other water source in the entire house and it doesn't smell from under the sinks. Only when the...

Oiled rubbed brass [ 5 Answers ]

What's the best way to clean oiled rubbed brass fixtures

Sleep number bed or Comfortaire to alleviate back pain & insomnia? [ 2 Answers ]

Need an adjustable mattress due to severe back pain and discomfort causing insonmia. I've narrowed it down maybe you can help.

View more questions Search