Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helptyro Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 02:48 AM
    Looking for the best antivirus available for free
    Hello.. I have a lenovo netbook... I don't have any updated antivirus running in it...

It came preinstalled with norton antivirus which had an expiry date... can anyone suggest me with the best antivirus available online for free... I can't install an antivirus in netbook using a cd... and don't want to pay online through credit... or it will be better to confess I don't hold great knowledge about the topic...

I would be thankful if anyone cares to explain me in detail
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 16, 2010, 03:20 AM
    Best is a relative term, but there are a number of free anti-viruses out there:

avast! Free Antivirus - Download Software for Virus Protection
    AVG Free - Antivirus Free Download | Free Virus Protection
    Avira AntiVir Personal - FREE Antivirus
    greenguy4good Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2010, 02:43 PM
    There are lots of excellent free antivirus software products available. My personal favorite is Comodo (on a Lenovo laptop) and the most popular probably is AVG. To find other good choices check out this site that I use: freeinternetsecuritysoftware.com where they have all types of security software sorted by category.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 17, 2010, 08:55 PM

The best is a very relative word. That's like asking what Computer Brand is the best. Everyone will have their opinion. It comes down to what you need it for.

I myself use AVG for my home PC's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bitdefender free and other antivirus program [ 2 Answers ]

Is it safe to install bitdefender free edition alongside other antivirus program with real time protection? I tried to install it and I noticed among others: "uninstall or disable other security programs". I believed that does not exist problem because bitdefender free has only "on demand...

Spyware preventer, windows antivirus 2008, advanced antivirus,ultimate antivirus [ 3 Answers ]

Spyware preventer, windows anti virus 2008, advanced anti virus,ultimate antivirus I have all three of these things on my computer and there ruining it, I had a couple others that were just as bad in the scene of "pop ups" but much easier to get rid of >control panel add remove programs and...

Best Free antivirus software [ 14 Answers ]

Which is your opinion regarding best free anti virus software?

Need free antivirus for p2p files [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have Norton Antivirus 2005 but it is soon to expire. Was thinking of going to AVG. What I want is a free antivirus that scans everything including email, ingoing and outgoing, and also p2p files, as I download a lot of music. Will AVG do this, or is there another free antivirus that...

View more questions Search