Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelangelolux Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 05:29 PM
    Configuring a cisco 7960 phone using SIP and on an Apple Network?
    We bought three 7960 phones (EBAY) with the view to having them at all three of our office (2 UK & 1 USA) we all use Apple computers via the internet and not via a company central server. We have a number with voiphopne.co.uk knowing that we can have the configuration these phones can offer, it's just the configuration that isn't happening.

We all have ADSL broadband

I am trying to configure one of the three to start with to proof test it.

So far I have taken 2 weeks and go nowhere fast.

I have attempted all versions of MAC file changing and SIP changing, the TFTP server is waiting and says it is OK, and all I get every time I boot the phone up is "Application Protocol Invalid" I have tried everything I can, but still nothing, and I know that it has to be something stupid - probably me - but I REALLY NEED SOME SANITY in this please - all things PING have proved the phone is working but it's just not happening.

The Apple the TFTP is on has a fixed DHCP,

I have based my files from this guide :
    + attachment PDF file

http://public.servright.co.uk/.
    http://public.servright.co.uk/.
    michelangelolux Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 04:23 AM
    Further to my earlier question the problem was the PHONE NOT the configuration! The system is working now, and it is just one of the three phones that needs a Flash memory reset.

MATTER CLOSED! Lesson learnt - never assume anything!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Configuring new printer on W2003 small business network [ 3 Answers ]

What is the procedure to add a new printer to my Windows 2003 Small Business Network. The first one is an HP 5si that is connected to parallel port #1 on an Intel Netport. I have assigned an IP address to the port. Now I need to get the server to add that printer to the list of existing...

Getting Problem While Using SIP VOIP Phone [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting one prob while using my SIP VOIP phone, when I call from my Phone first time after loged in, it's OK but whenever I try to call 2nd time, its start dialing and but Status remains Connectting, after some time it shows Timed Out. And now the status of my Phone becomes Lged Timed Out,...

Getting Problem Using SIP VOIP Phone [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting one prob while using my SIP VOIP phone, when I call from my Phone first time after loged in, it's OK but whenever I try to call 2nd time, its start dialing and but Status remains Connectting, after some time it shows Timed Out. And now the status of my Phone becomes Lged Timed Out,...

Setting up DSL with router and Cisco IP phone? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, I need help. I currently have DSL at my house but now my boss is sending home a router and a Cisco IP phone and I am not sure how to hook it up. They tried to explain but I do better with graphs or detailed explanations as to what specific wire goes to what jack. Can anyone help me? Here...

View more questions Search