Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erin214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Cat woke up limping
    My cat woke up this morning and he waslimping around the apartment. He is still eating and drinking but he is very sore. He was crying and almost dragging his leg. What should I be doing? Could this be serious? He is an indoor cat and the only one in the house.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2010, 05:42 PM

Take your cat to the vet. Sooner rather than later.
    I've seen indoor cats do stupid stuff and break legs. It's not very hard.
    Or it could be something more serious and a blood clot may have lodged somewhere, paralysing the leg.

Do you see any swelling anymore?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 06:15 PM

Take him to the vet, please.

One of our cats jumped off the recliner chair's arm and landed wrong. He limped around for a few hours and kept trying to hide under my son 's bed, so we took him to the vet for x-rays. He had sprained his front leg and ended up with getting it wrapped and a prescription for pain pills. Thank goodness, it wasn't broken!
    erin214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 01:36 PM

Hi Everyone, I gave him 2 days to get over the injury and he is showing great signs of improvement. Thanks for all your help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 01:39 PM

I'm so glad he's okay! Thanks for letting us know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is limping... [ 7 Answers ]

My cat Tillie is limping? Her front right arm & paw seems to be lower down than it should be and she is limping awfully. It does not seem to be bothering her. She still walks on it, uses her claws and she does not seem to be in discomfort. But I am just wondering if anyone knows (by what I...

Stray cat is limping and crying [ 4 Answers ]

I found a stray kitten roaming around outside my apartment today and with it being cold I brought her in hoping to find her a home but when I got her she tried to hesitate and she was limping around and just collapsed. I brought her in and fed her and kept her warm but she seems to have pain in her...

Cat is limping [ 3 Answers ]

I just noticed it this morning. My cat Oreo is limping and is favoring her left front paw. But when she plays with our other cat she runs and doesn't seem to be feeling much pain until I touch her paw then she snarls and bites at me. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search