Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techtrooper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 05:28 PM
    When a firm purchases supplies for use in its business, and the cost of the supplies
    13. When a firm purchases supplies for use in its business, and the cost of the supplies purchased is recorded as an asset, the following adjustment to recognize the cost of supplies used will probably be required:
    A. Dr Supplies
    Cr Accounts payable
    B. Dr Supplies
    Cr Supplies expense
    C. Dr Supplies expense
    Cr Supplies
    D. No adjustment will probably be required.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2010, 06:10 PM

When they say the cost of supplies is recorded as an asset, they are telling you that they are put into a Supplies account on the Balance Sheet, a current asset. They then write them off to an expense account as they are used. The correct answer is C. If you don't understand why, please ask. This is a common type of entry and you'll run into similar entries as you continue in your class.
    techtrooper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 08:55 AM
    Comment on Just Looking's post
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Secret Energy Supplies has common shares with a price of $15.44 per share. The firm I [ 1 Answers ]

Secret Energy Supplies has common shares with a price of $15.44 per share. The firm is expected to pay a dividend of $1.25 one year from today, and dividends are expected to grow at 15 percent for two years after that ant then at 2 percent thereafter. What is the implied cost of common equity...

Baby supplies [ 17 Answers ]

The other day I walked into a consignment sale for children and baby things. As soon as I walked in I was completely overwhelmed. There are so many things out there for babies and I don't know what is good and what is not. I am not sure of the things I need to have and the things I will never use....

Power Supplies [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm going to be traveling in the caribean, I'd like to take my laptop and camcorder... does anyone know if I need to purchase a separate power regulator, or do the power supplies attached to most electronics take care of any powe surge or lack thereof Thank

View more questions Search