Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jimbug Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Drill hole in ceiling and floor
    I need some help. I ned to drill a hole from my downstairs room through the ceiling and through the floor of the upstairs room, I want to put it close the upstairs basebaord as possible. How can I accurately drill the hole so I don't end up in the middle of the room or worse yet, inside a wall. :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Measure, measure, and measure again. Perhaps start with an outside wall. An interior wall you are sure is above another will work too. Spend a lot of time looking at things to make sure you have it right.
    caesars charm Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Jan 5, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Jimbug, don't laugh at this one but seeing it came to mind, I would like to share it with you. Why don't someone else guide you like staying upstairs and as you tap your way around he or she can tell you when you're close. We ran a cable wire in our livingroom and that's how we did it. Worked fine. You could even drill down through as well. Good luck!
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Jan 5, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Is there any reason why you can't drill down from the upstairs room?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower water leaking onto floor then through ceiling [ 8 Answers ]

I have a problem where shower water leaks under the shower curtain onto the floor (for example, when the kids or visitors take a shower) then works its way through the ceiling below. As far as I can tell, the water goes under the toilet base and finds its way through the floor by way of the hole...

Water leaking into ceiling on 1st floor [ 5 Answers ]

Water sometimes drips from the bathroom upstairs into my dining on th 1st fl. What can I do? I already had the ceiling taken down, but we can't determine where its coming from. It only drips sometimes. (very strange) I'm just to tired of this problem and don't know what to do, the bathroom is...

Patching Hole in Hardware Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Appreciate your input. I'm repainting my son's room and discovered that they installed a cable TV outlet through the hardware floor. What is the best way to patch the floor and blend it in to similar color stain? Thank you.

Upstairs shower leaking to 1st floor ceiling [ 14 Answers ]

My upstairs shower is leaking to 1st floor ceiling. Below is my troubleshooting: * I tested by not using the shower for awhile, leak stopped so I know it's not from water line. * I had water going directly to drain pipe, no leak so I know it's not the pipes under the floor. * I took drain cover...

View more questions Search