Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moet25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 02:57 PM
    Levy on account
    I have an levy on my account, and they frozen my account, an I missed a ourt date so they enterned a judgement against me an , now I have money in that account I hv two account , an direct deposit, comn in what can I do to up lift the levy off my account, I get paid on Monday as direct depsoit, will they take my check to
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2010, 03:08 PM

First not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You missed the court date, why? If you knew of the hearing, then the judgment is valid. Yes they will take any monies deposited into the account. Your only real option is to pay the debt. Or make arrangements to settle it.
    moet25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 03:52 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    How do I go about maken an settlement! I miss the court date is because, it was madortorty for me to be at work! I get an check tommrow are they going to take that too!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2010, 04:09 PM

I told you that they will take any monies that are deposited.

What did you think would happen if you didn't show for court?

At this point you contact the plaintiff and see what you can arrange.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Nov 14, 2010, 05:30 PM

As Scott said you can try to make payment arragments, but since they got a judgement they may not want a payment plan. Did you think this debt would just go away? And why did you wait until you got a court date to start trying a payment plan? Did you ignore all the letters and calls that come before the court date?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank account levy [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has made a payment plan/agreement with a law firm to pay off a credit card debt. The payments are being withdrawn from our checking acct on the 3rd of every month when my wife calls in the check number. My wife's company just switched their payroll period from every two weeks to the 1st...

Levy on an account. [ 1 Answers ]

My mother had dental work done about a year ago. She was waiting for her social security check when all of a sudden, it was frozen in her account. I checked into it and people say that lawyers can't freeze ssI income, is that true and what do I do about it??

Bank Account Levy, joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Today, a levy was placed on the joint account of myself and my wife, for a debt she had from a credit card company. Once I found out, I called her and had her call the lawyer, who then told her to dispute it, she would have to send a certified letter to the court, as well as the plaintiff, as to...

Bank Account Levy [ 5 Answers ]

I Found this post: Old Feb 17, 2006, 02:23 PM The exact thing just happened to me. (except for the just married part) Someone replied that she needed to file a motion to Quash. Could anyone please tell me how to go about this? The debt is for child support arrears out of CO, and we're in...

View more questions Search