Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helptyro Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 03:00 AM
    Microsoft office 2007 product key... could not find... when found it was invalid
    "hello..i have a lenovo netbook idea pad s10-2 (with windows xp) bought some 2 years back..when i open microsoft office 2007 application it asks for a 25 character product key..i'hv used it several times without entering the key but now it has limited the functionality... i found a product key at the back of my netbook on a label...i think that shows windows in my netbook is a full version(correct me if i am not)...but when i tried entering this it says it is inalid...i downloaded a keyfinder (magical jelly bean keyfinder)...it came with an altogether new 25 character product key...even this one is found invalid....how to restore my product key and functionality of microsoft office 2007 "
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2010, 03:47 AM
    You likely have been finding the Windows product key not the Office 2007 one. It's possible that your computer came pre-installed with a demo copy of Office and now, after the demo has expired, you have to buy the license. Best to contact the retail outlet where you bought the computer.
    If you have a pirated copy we copy we can't help you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2010, 08:12 AM

Exactly! What you had was a 60 day TRIAL version of Office. After 60 days the trial's functionality is limited unless you PURCHASE a license. You may be able to purchase a license for Office 2007 more cheaply since 2010 is out. Otherwise you will have to get 2010 and upgrade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Vista, Microsoft office 2007, Microsoft equation 3.0 [ 5 Answers ]

I have Microsoft Vista which I do not think really makes that much of a difference but I have Microsoft Office 2007 and I need to use Microsoft equation 3.0. I know I have it on my computer because I found it. I just don't know how to use it. I have taken a couple of tutorials and still can not...

Microsoft word 2007 - no product key! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay this may be a dumb question but I want to ask: When I bought this laptop it obviously came with Microsoft word 2007. Now after many times of exiting when it asks me for a product key, it no longer works. I can't even type or finish my paper! Ahh! I looked on the site and it's like $150...

Free Microsoft office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

I want Microsoft office 2007 from somewhere as my other one does not work as it says it has already been used on 3 computers even tough I uninstalled them from my other computer. So can I get a response of where I can micro soft 2007 for free. Thxs!!

Download Microsoft office 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

In what way I will download Microsoft office 2007 absolutely free.:(

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 download [ 3 Answers ]

I there a way I can download free Microsoft Office Outlook 2007? Thank you so very much for any help.

View more questions Search