Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trobeld Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Question about garnishee
    The garnishee listed on a Summons and Order of Garnishment in Aid of Execution is not my bank. What does this mean? Can this bank somehow get my money from where I really bank? I would like to make payments to settle this credit card debt like I have all others but I am unsure how to get this arranged. Please advise me of what I can do.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2007, 02:08 PM
    If an order of garnishment is served on a bank where you do not have an account, the bank will return it stating such. They cannot get funds from another bank or even another account not listed in the garnishment order.

I'm wondering how you got a copy of the Order since it should be served directly on the garnishee.

As for making payments, contact the creditor and offer a payment plan.
    Trobeld Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    If an order of garnishment is served on a bank where you do not have an account, the bank will return it stating such. They cannot get funds from another bank or even another account not listed in the garnishment order.

I'm wondering how you got a copy of the Order since it should be served directly on the garnishee.

As for making payments, contact the creditor and offer a payment plan.

The order states it is the judgement debtors copy.

If an arrangement can not be made with the creditor ( as happened previously when I tried to ask to make payments, it was not enough for them monthly so they refused, but it was all I could have done), can they then take any of my personal property? The only thing I own is a vehicle valued at less than the $5100 judgement.

I have an employer but they have me working from home as an independent contractor.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2007, 05:09 PM
    The plaintiff creditor is trying to find your funds to garnish, since you have no account at that bank they will search eslewhere to find fund they can attach.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2007, 08:52 PM
    They have a judgement against you. They can attach any cash assets they can find. They may even be able to garnish your payments as an independent contractor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search