Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galacolla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2010, 09:55 AM
    Honeywell zone valve
    What does the "manual" position of the Honeywell 4000 4850 001 zone valve do?

Does it by pass the thermostat and not operate the valve so that the valve stays closed all the time?
    topidea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 01:04 PM
    It does the opposite: In the manual position the valve will stay open regardless of the thermostat. If you want to shut off the zone, there is probably a twist valve (like on a hose spigot) somewhere in the return tube before the zone valve.. Be sure you turn off the right valve. I am not a pro, so you may get a better answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace boiler{ Honeywell} zone valve [ 6 Answers ]

Honeywell 40004850-001 isn't working. The lever to manually open valve freely moves back and forth. What do I need to do to replace this valve?

Honeywell zone valve seems stuck open [ 19 Answers ]

I manually opened one of my home's five Honeywell zone valves (V8043E-1012) by mistake. I meant to open a different valve. The one I opened had its thermostat set to its lowest temp setting, as it controls heat to a space I hardly ever heat. The next day the valve was still in the open position...

Connect Red wires of Honeywell zone valve [ 0 Answers ]

My plumber installed the whole boiler system last year with 3 zones, but left 2 of zone valve's red wires disconneted (hanging from ceiling in boiler room)because 2/3 of the house was still under construction. All pipes, gas hookup done and the 1/3 part of the house using only zone 1 was working...

Honeywell zone valve [ 1 Answers ]

The valve does not open when I call for heat. The manual lever is stuck in one position and I am unable to move it in any direction. I have an older style valve which I suspect I have to replace. Will the new motorized valve mount to the old body or do I have to replace the body as well?

Where to find the model number on my Honeywell Synchron zone valve [ 5 Answers ]

Where to find the model number on my Honeywell Synchron zone valve. I think the Powerhead and/or motor has gone bad. I had no heat in my master BR this morning and after verifying the Thermastat was kicking in I went down and tried to check the valves. This is just 1 zone out of 5 (3 other...

View more questions Search