Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christy87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 12:57 PM
    Recommended walking distance for a 7week old st.bernard pup?
    Hi I have a lovely 7week old st.bernard pup and I was wondering what the Recommended walking distance for a 7week old st.bernard pup is? Thanks Christy
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 12, 2010, 04:42 PM
    Just because he is (or will be) a large dog doesn't mean he can go long distances just yet. He is still a puppy. Once around the block should be plenty at his age. Watch him as you walk - if he is lagging behind, panting excessively, head low to the ground or is he obviously isn't enjoying the walk, it is too long.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2010, 09:31 PM

Just around your backyard only.

He is not fully vaccinated until 16 weeks so he should not be allowed in public places until then.

Hard exercise (long distance or running/jogging) should not be done until after 12 months of age.
    Large breeds can eaily damage joints if you exercise them too hard too young.

Nov 13, 2010, 06:24 AM
    Thank you GGERTIE your answer is very informative!

Nov 13, 2010, 06:27 AM
    Also thanks shazamataz also very helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog bit the cord off twice of pup and pup died [ 7 Answers ]

My dog gave birth to a puppy that came feet first, the pup an over grown tongue and she bite the cord off and then bit it off again and the puppy bled to death. Why would she do this.

Walking distance for puppy [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Can anyone help me. I have a 5 month old retriever and get conflicting answers to appropriate distances or length of times to walk my pup - from 2 miles to 5 minutes per month of his life. What is normal?

Walking distance for a 12 week old lab puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I'm walking my 12 week old yellow lab puppy regularly, but just short distances. I'm wondering what is an appropriate distance for the puppy.

Saint Bernard pup peeing and pooping in crate [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 11 week old Saint Bernard pup. I got him from a breeder out of state. He spent 12 hours in a travel crate (that he urinated in) on his way to my house. I am afraid that this produced an association between travel crate and bathroom. So, I bought him a wire crate and put no bedding or...

View more questions Search