Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlmeier Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 10:54 PM
    I need help with a speeding ticket?
    I'm just wondering approximately how much it's going to cost me. I live in Indiana and was pulled over in South Bend. This is my first "offense" ever, and I should probably add I was going 55 on a 30.. (although I do not believe I was really going that fast)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 11:54 PM
    Hi, dlmeier!

Around where I am, it would state on the ticket how much the fine and any other cost would would be. Doesn't it state that somewhere on the ticket that you received?

Thanks!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 12, 2010, 03:28 AM
    I don't know but I do know that it isn't the ticket so much as your insurance rate for the next several years going up, if you had the safe driver credit.
    I suggest always checking the box that says you want to appeal, going to court, get there early so you can be first in line, and pleading that you have always obeyed the speed limit except that one time and won't do it again, etc etc, and you may get off. Unless you are quite young.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 12, 2010, 04:47 AM

If the ticket didn't list the fines then your state DMV should. But most of the time, if you go down to the traffic court, they will reduce the charge (and the points so it doesn't affect your insurance as much) and maybe, reduce the fine as well.

Nov 12, 2010, 07:57 AM
    Comment on Clough's post
    No it does not say it anywhere... that's why I am asking.

Nov 12, 2010, 07:58 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Is 19 considered quite young?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speeding ticket in Delaware wrong date of birth and race on ticket [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help out.I got a speeding ticket in Delaware,measure speed 58 mph,posted speed 35 mph and was charge for 40 mph with a total of $65.60, I am from New York I can pay this ticket but there are incorrect date of Birt and my race on the ticket.should I try to beat this ticket and will I...

Speeding ticket [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know anyway to beat a radar enforced speeding ticket in miami fl aventura? Id just go to traffic school except the officer gave me another ticket following to closely at the same time. Two tickets are a different story I believe, so Im wondering do I need a lawyer or can I do something...

Speeding ticket in NJ [ 5 Answers ]

I was driving in NJ got pulled over, cop said I was going 56mph in a 40mph which is 16 over and a 4 point ticket. I went back to check the sign and the spot where he hit me with radar was a 45mph zone about 7 blocks later it changes to a 40mph zone the location where he pulled me over was in the...

How to get out of a speeding ticket [ 1 Answers ]

If you've ever wondered how to get out of a speeding ticket. Just repeat what is below. After the police officer pulls you over for speeding, he should ask... Officer: May I see your license and registration? You: I don't have a license. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.

Speeding ticket [ 16 Answers ]

I was stopped for speeding in Bonners Ferry Idaho. My question is I asked to see my speed on the officers radar and he said "the only way you will come back to my car is in handcuffs so no I do not need to show you the actual speed" I then asked him again and he said that he does not have to show...

View more questions Search