Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loverslj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 10:11 PM
    I deleted my audio device?
    I have a hp desk top and it has no sound and it is saying that the audio device is gone I am using win xp and I don't know what to do
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2010, 12:03 AM
    Hi, loverslj!

One thing that you might try doing is a System Restore to a date where you knew that the applications that you usually use were all working.

Perhaps someone else has more information, though.

Thanks!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 12, 2010, 02:17 AM

Before doing a system restore there are other things you can try. Since you had this device once and it seems to have disappeared try going into Device Manager and under Sound, right-click and select check for hardware changes.

This checks for devices and drivers and reinstalls things that may go array sometimes.

To access device manager follow this:

Right-Click MY COMPUTER > Manage > left pane click device manager > scroll to sound > right-click on sound > select detect hardware changes.

Hope this helps!
    kumarpankaj78 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 09:15 PM
    You could reinstall your adio driver from
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No audio device drivers [ 11 Answers ]

I have a newly acquired Dell Optiplex GX260 with 512 mg of ram. It has had a clean install and when I connected my external speakers I got the usual light buzzing sound from them but the PC says "no audio drivers". Could this be because of the clean install? Secondly how do I install new drivers if...

I deleted my audio device and need it back. No other answers have helped yet. [ 9 Answers ]

So I have no idea how I did this. I am not computer savy. Probably was in the wrong part of my computer trying to clear up space and deleted something. I tried to download an audio driver from gateway (thats the type of laptop I have) and after downloading and trying to install the driver it only...

I lost my audio device [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to do to get my audio device back? I don't even have it on my computer any more.

View more questions Search