Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nwirugby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 03:56 PM
    Leaking above ground pool after pool is closed
    We closed our pool about 6 weeks ago. I just discovered that 1/2 of the water has leaked out of the pool. I can't see any noticeable moisture around the pool. We also have a center drain. I have had the pool for several years so I know I closed and winterized the pool properly. Should I take the winter cover off and try to find the leak or should I fill it back up before it freezes? If the water level went way down or completely drained during the winter, would this potentially cause bigger problems? It is mid November in Indiana so I don't have much time left. It will probably be freezing very soon. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 11, 2010, 04:48 PM

You do need to keep water in the pool this winter. What btrand of pool is this, I have never worked on an above ground pool with a center drain, in the floor of the pool, right?
    nwirugby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 09:31 AM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Problem solved-wife was pumping water off the cover. Cover had hole in it. Wife was pumping all the water out of pool. Thanks anyway
    Helpinghands1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 10:02 AM
    My folks have been fighting a leak in the pool by adding water as much as they could. Pool companies have come and gone and no one seems to know where the leak is. A company even told my mother that he could blast around the drain area but he does not guarantee his work or that it weould even work. He said he would want payment first up front in cash. My mom told him to take a hike. My parents are older but not stupid. I wish I knew of a reputable company that would guarantee their work and be honest and up front. God Bless them!!

They live in the 32696 area of central Florida if anyone can help.
    Helpinghands1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpinghands1 View Post
    My folks have been fighting a leak in the pool by adding water as much as they could. Pool companies have come and gone and no one seems to know where the leak is. A company even told my mother that he could blast around the drain area but he does not gurantee his work or that it weould even work. He said he would want payment first up front in cash. My mom told him to take a hike. My parents are older but not stupid. I wish I knew of a reputable company that would guarantee their work and be honest and up front. God Bless them!!!

They live in the 32696 area of central Florida if anyone can help.
    Currently, the water has all leaked out. They are on a well pump system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking skimmer on an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool and the skimmer is leaking could it be cracked?

Leaving pool closed [ 3 Answers ]

For a number of reasons we would prefer not to open our 20X40 inground pool this season. Can the pool be left closed without it turning into a swamp?

Water behind a pool liner of an above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, the liner in part of my pool is below the water level and thus water is now behind the liner. I cannot pick up the liner because it is so heavy with the weight of the water. 1. Is this hurting my pool 2. How much to replace a new liner and have it installed for a 16ft round pool ...

Leaking above ground pool light [ 3 Answers ]

:) I have a 15x30 above ground pool. With the terrible winter we have just experienced, the pool light is now leaking from what I can see out the exterior of the large plastic nut that retains the light to the wall. Dripping at a rate of about 40 per minute. Have tried to tighten with my hands but...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

View more questions Search