Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Supraman7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 01:40 PM
    98 Honda Prelude - Cranks but doesn't start, plugs fouled with gas.
    I have a 98 Prelude that runs strong for about 2 days and then doesn't start anymore. They plugs get fouled with gas and won't crank up. I can hear a few pistons going and then nothing at all but the starter.

I have recently replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor as well. All the fuses seem fine. I've taken the Idle Air Contol Valve off and cleaned it rigorously for about an hour and put it back together, and still, no go. Can anyone help me?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 01:45 PM

Perform the tests below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post229012

I'd focus on the Ignition Control Module and coil, since the plugs are likely not firing:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Ensure the timing belt did not snap.
    hobbyist4fun Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2010, 02:31 PM
    +1 on the ICM. Also, check your engine ECU ground is secure. Be sure to leave your plugs out long enough or add a very small amount of oil to the misfiring cylinders to remedy the cylinder washing from unburnt (raw) fuel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Prelude H22A cranks but won't start. [ 14 Answers ]

Honda Prelude starting problem Hello My 92 Prelude has 367,999km on the body but still mint. JDM H22a motor has 140,000km. Car has always started no problem lots of parts have been changed and tested including -distributer -tank/pump/filter fuel pressure tested -has good strong spark ...

92 honda prelude gas gage not working [ 1 Answers ]

Gas gage not working which fuse

Honda prelude won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 honda prelude it turns over but won't start changed the ecm new plugs cap roter and wires the main relay seems to be working it clicks when I turn the key to the on position the check engine light is not showing any codes it just stay on please help I am lost

Honda Prelude 89. Would not start when it is hot outside [ 1 Answers ]

Honda Prelude 89. Would not start when it is warm outside but no problems when it is cold (-26). I had this car for 13 years and it always worked. In the last couple of years, it starts right away when it is cold outside but not if it's warm outside(32+). Most times, I can push start it ( manual...

92 prelude cranks but won't start [ 5 Answers ]

My 1992 honda prelude si 5 speed cranks up but will not start. The fuel system seems to be in working order... I can hear the fuel pump running and at least one click from the main relay as well as smell gas from the exhaust. There is no spark from the coil to the distributor, however. I checked...

View more questions Search