Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixitmyself1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 07:18 PM
    Heat Pump not working... Payne Model PH10JA030-E
    My heat pump had been running for approx 2 weeks, when I arrived home one evening to find that it was cold in the house. The thermostat display was off (no batteries in this one). Thermostat replaced and heat pump still not working. Fuse was blown. Once fuse was replaced, heat came on and ran for at least 30 minutes as normal. I left home, so I'm not sure when it went off again, but I returned 24 hours later and it was cold in the house. The fuse was blown again. Now the outside heat pump until fan will not even come on, but the emergency heat does produce warm air from the vents inside. What should I look at next as the most logical problem... or what order shoujld I troubleshoot things?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2010, 07:22 PM

I would say your defrost board on the outside unit has a short, heat works good till it goes to defrost then blows the fuse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump - Payne [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I sent a request to Carrier regarding my question but they want to send a service rep. instead of answering my question. I have a one year old heat pump that was added to my medium efficiency furnace. I live in Canada, West Coast, and the heat pump will now not continually provide cool air. It...

My payne heat pump will come on and work for 3 seconds and shut off? Any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

My payne heat pump comes on and works for 3 seconds and shuts off

6 year old Payne Heat Pump compressor failed [ 1 Answers ]

The compressor on my 6 year old Payne Heat pump failed. The HVAC guy offered 3 solutions. 1. replace compressor - cost $1100 -$1300 2. replace whole outside unit - cost $2500 3. replace everything with new, more efficient unit cost: $7k+ It is Payne model PH10 2.5 ton R22. HVAC guy...

Payne heat pump -- will not run [ 2 Answers ]

Help! My problem started with the compressor not running with the heat switch on. I checked the thermostat wiring and found that the tstat was not wired per the manual for a heat pump with aux heat. I fixed that problem and the unit would run but not blow warm air. I called out a technician and...

Payne Heat Pump loose fitting [ 1 Answers ]

My Payne heat pump was installed August 2003. Noticed a few months ago that it would run constantly. Had it checked out. Repairman said it was leaking through the flare fitting. My question is: If a flare fitting was tighten three years ago can it jiggle loose on its own, because of the vibration...

View more questions Search