Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Only in America
    Only in America

1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America... do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

5. Only in America... do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America... do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America... do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America... do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

10. Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2007, 07:52 AM
    #10 is the one that really blows my mind. PC gone mad is what I think it is.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Well I would suppose that braille parts are stock for the machines... Probably costs more to get hold of one without, since they hardly exist.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Jan 21, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Yes, I've thought of #10 before as well.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Interesting. Only in America, it sounds so close to Canada. I guess we are like cousins after all.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 08:39 PM
    #10 - I never thought of that. Thanks for the list - reminds me of that line from "West Side Story" - "everything's free in America".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank of America Overpayment [ 3 Answers ]

Apologies in advance for long post. So my story is I gave notice rather abruptly at Bank of America when I worked in their customer service dept. I'm not 100% positive of the date but I believe it was May 23rd of this year. Anyway, my last paycheck from them was a full check which surprised me....

How many Generals are in America? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out how many Generals serve in America? Thanks in advance.

America: Freedom to Fascism-- Must See! [ 6 Answers ]

Watch this for free: There is no law requiring you to pay taxes, and the government will not even show us the LAW!! Why is that I have not received any respond from my Senator or representatives in regards to that question, WHY!! :mad: Use this link: ...

Jungles of South America [ 1 Answers ]

Is quicksand found in the Jungle?

View more questions Search