Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paula44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 02:01 PM
    Apprentice Electricians & the use of Xchrone Contact Lenses
    Can anyone please tell me if the use of Xchrone contact lenses is acceptable to use by Apprentice Electronics in the US or anywhere else? My son has commenced an apprenticeship here in Ireland but has failed an eye test with FAS. However the optician says he will have no problems if using the Xchrome Lense. FAS will allow him to retest but not with these lenses. I am trying to figure out if they can legally do this
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
    In the US, or at least in two states that I know, one cannot be an electrician and be colorblind.

Seems reasonable to me, as color code tells all with electrical wiring.

Did a search on those lens, and seems that they are helpful to those that are colorblind.

The denial may be based on this.

Nov 10, 2010, 02:52 PM
    Comment on tkrussell's post
    Thank you for the speedy response. I know that years ago you would not be entertained in the Electrician trade if you were colorblind but I thought technology had advanced since then & that there may be aids to help overcome these obstacles.

Nov 10, 2010, 02:54 PM
    Comment on tkrussell's post
    My sons colorblindness is very mild & never even noticed till he did this test

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contact lenses [ 10 Answers ]

I went to the ophthalmologist and had a thorough eye exam - I have worn contacts for ages, went to the optician with the prescription from the ophthalmologist, he fitted me for contacts and recommended Day & Night (or the other way around) and for whatever reason I said, sure, I'll take them. ...

Contact Lenses [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one know some contacts lenses that have the diameter 14.2 and base curve 8.6...

What do you think of your contact lenses? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys Have you tried any of these lenses? Cibavision O2 Optix (Air Optix) Cooperview Proclear Compatibles Johnson & Johnson Acuvue Oasys

Contact lenses [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I know this has nothing to do with teens but it's the only thing close enough to the question. I have contact lenses I am having a trial week and the only problem is I find it hard to put the lenses in and take out. I have tried many ways but none seem to work. ANY IDEAS?! :confused:

Contact lenses/sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, (didnt know what to put this question under) I was just wondering if I can nod off with hard contact lenses in?? I am going on my holidays in a week and on the plane I will want to read but I will probably sleep a bit as well. I can't wear my glasses anymore because they are blurry as my...

View more questions Search