Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedHelpUrgent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 10:52 AM
    Can I leave the US with my child?
    Was never married to my ex-boyfriend. We have been separated for several months. He is a legal permanent resident but I am not. I did not enter illegally but my I-94 has since expired. We have one child 3 year old in common born in the US. After many years of physical and emotional abuse, I had to leave him for my own sanity and basically if I wanted to stay alive. Now he's threatening me, saying that he will never allow me to leave the US with my daughter. We have never had any legal proceedings or court orders. I really wish to go back to my country, where I can work and try to build a new abuse free life far away from this monster. Can I leave the US with my child? Also, can he cause problems for me like come to my country (Trinidad and Tobago) and try to take her away from me? Any responses will be greatly appreciated... please can anyone help me?

s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 09:05 AM

Can I leave the US with my child?
    In the absence of a court order to the contray, yes, you can.
    Also, can he cause problems for me like come to my country (Trinidad and Tobago) and try to take her away from me?
    Well, it's possible that he might try ; nobody can really predict whether he would or not. Of course, if he did, there's always the question of how much cooperation and sympathy he'd get from the authorities in Trinidad and Tobago. My own gut feeling tells me that it's not likely that they'd compel you to let him take her from you and return to the U.S.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I leave the US with my child? [ 1 Answers ]

I was never married to my ex-boyfriend. We have been separated for several months. He is a legal permanent resident but I am not. I did not enter illegally but my I-94 has since expired. We have one child 3 year old in common born in the US. After many years of physical and emotional abuse, I had...

Take child and leave state mn [ 2 Answers ]

Is my wife able to take our daughter and leave the state with out my permission?

Can I leave the state with my child? [ 13 Answers ]

I have full custody of my 6 year old little girl and I am getting married and moving to another state. I told her dad and he said he was getting a lawyer to file an order to show cause and will be denying rights to remove her from the state. He has not paid child support for 2 years and just got...

I want to leave my child [ 40 Answers ]

Hi I need an opinion My husband and I have a child one year old and we both got a scholarship to do our masters . My husband is a about to finish his master next semester and I must start next semester . I am thinking to send my son to live with my mother for 4 month . My mother...

How old before can leave child on own [ 6 Answers ]

I have a fifteen year old son, who is very rarely left on his own as I don't work. I am looking at going away over night in a few weeks is he to young to be left over night he has a 20 year old sister who will be in over night with him nut she only comes home from midnight from work. To me he is...

View more questions Search