Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragster1090 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 09:56 AM
    How can I change case in excel 2003?
    I am new to excel, can I change case in excel and if so How can I change case in excel 2003?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 06:09 PM

You mean change the case of text typed in a cell, like you can for Microsoft Word?

If A1 has the text "lazy brown dog" in it, then this formula in B1 shows it another way:

=UPPER(A1)
    =PROPER(A1)

Play around with them and you'll see.

=========
    If you have a column of strings you want to change this way, and get the changes back into the original cells, do this:

1) Enter your =PROPER(A1) formula in an empty column
    2) Copy that cell down as far as needed to get new values for your whole data set.
    3) Highlight the new values you created
    4) Ctrl-C to copy them all at once
    5) Click on your original data (A1 ?)
    6) Select Edit > Paste Special > Values
    7) Remove your added column of formulas

Done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't undo in Excel 2003 [ 5 Answers ]

In my Excel 2003 the tab UNDO is permanently greyed out and inoperative (and ctrl z doesn't work either). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 without getting any improvement. Also I have checked with Microsoft that all applicable updates have been installed. I have discovered that if...

Excel 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add documents to a form in excel using VB script. Can someone give an idea of code to be used. PLEASE

Excel 2007 to have excel 2003 look? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I have Microsoft Excel 2007, from my course at college I have been given instructions to do a task. However these instructions are for excel 2003. How do I change my excel 07 to look like excel 03 so that it is easier. I know there is a way, help greatly appreicated thanks.

Excel 2003 Issue [ 1 Answers ]

My company recently updated the Office package from 2000 to 2003. A spreadsheet I have worked fine in 2000 , but now will not work. I received a message that Excel detected errors and repairs were made. It also states that I lost Visual Basic Project and ActiveX Controls. After the...

Excel 2003 issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with the auto calculation feature in excel. It doesn't seem to be working. I have to use the super calculation feature, crtl+F9 or F9 in order for the calculation to work. Do you know why this is? I'm running excel 2003 (Office 2003 SP1) and the file was saved in excel XP....

View more questions Search