Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaltag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 08:41 AM
    Must Tsavo female lions wait for their males to eat first after making a kill?
    The reason I ask is because Tsavo male lions became famous for their manelessness which is not the result at all from losing their testes or being from an inbred line. The most current theory about this situation is that they have more testosterone than their maned counterparts which also makes them bigger, stronger, and probably the world's largest lion on average today. Plus in each of the Tsavo prides only one male rules each unlike the typical 2-4 males in "regular" lion prides. I already looked up several YouTube videos and independent websites on this and always not enough information to find out. Maned lion males always eat first in "regular" lion prides because they cannot hunt on their own since their mane is too much of a protrusion.

Check out some similar questions!

What would kill and eat 4 week old kittens? [ 2 Answers ]

I went to check on our week old kittens, and all I found was blood, feet, stomaches, and tails. Something had killed and ate all four of these kittens, and left the misc. parts behind. Momma cat was really upset, and was tearing into everyone. We live in the country in southern Iowa. Any help...

Female feral neutered, males after her [ 5 Answers ]

I finally had her trapped and neutered last week. The male cats (one not caught yet, the Other altered) won't leave her alone. Since her surgery on a SPCA van her eye is Draining... she has a cut near her ear (not the tipping) and she's spending all her energy Keeping away from two male cats. ...

She is making me wait. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My girl and I were together for a year and about to get married in November. Lately we have had some arguments over very silly stuff and the last one 3 weeks before the breakup got heated (only verbally). During that argument I told her that I wanted us to seek counseling but she...

Female won't eat but will drink. [ 1 Answers ]

Someone stold my puppies she had 11 they did this on Friday .She ate yesterday at 11am but has athe since then, won't move around much just lays there. She still goes to the bathroom and will drink water

Wanting to adopt a baby girl but, the wait is making me sad. What to do? [ 6 Answers ]

:( Hi, My husband and I wanted to adopt privately. We had an adoption that fell through in October. Well of course I have a whole wardrobe for a baby girl and a car seat and everything because, the adoption fell through the day we were suppose to take her home. We wanted to go the private...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.