Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dethomas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 08:34 AM
    My fiancé has been talking behind my back with other women on the phone.
    My fiancé has been talking behind my back with other women on the phone. I answered his phone the other day and the woman said "hey baby missing you and thinking about you". I questioned him about it and he said I should trust him and shouldn't have answered his phone and he still has not told me who the woman was. And now he won't speak to me saying I'm just being jealous and insecure and he can't marry anyone like that. Was I wrong or is he cheating?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 08:57 AM
    What a strange response from the woman on the calling end, to hear another woman pick up on the receiving end, and say, " "hey baby missing you and thinking about you". You would think that when she did not reach the intended party, (your fiance), hearing your voice, she would have hung up right away. Did you talk to her? Did she say "oops, sorry, wrong number... ".

You also say that he has been talking to 'other women', as in more than one. So, which is it. And if it is more than one as you said, how did you come to know about them in the first place.

If it was perfectly innocent, and you just happened by his phone and picked it up when it was ringing, that sounds harmless enough. To get the response you did from your fiancé when you asked him about it, was a bit extreme in my opinion. Implying that over one phone call, he is reconsidering marrying you?

If you actually went looking for trouble by snooping in his phone records, or crackin into is email, then I would say you might be jealous and insecue about him, and if someone did that to me, when they had no reason to breech my privacy like that, I would be very angry. But, all you did, according to you, was simply happen to answer a ringing phone.

I suspect that there is more to this than just a 'wrong number'. Do you have other reasons to suspect that he is messing around?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2010, 11:32 AM

He says he doesn't want to marry someone who's jealous and insecure. The question is, do you want to marry someone who's sneaking around behind your back?

Many men have women friends and it's okay as long as they are open and up-front about it and their partner is aware of it, but sneaking around is a bad sign.

Your really should reconsider this relationship.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Nov 28, 2010, 09:53 PM
    If I was dating a guy and I answered his phone and some other chick called him baby then I'd be angry too! It seems like he's trying to avoid the situation all together. If he won't consider your feelings then maybe it's best to break it off, or at least focus on you for a while.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 11:48 AM

Why even consider marrying a guy who cannot answer basic simple questions that you ask, for whatever reasons you ask them.

I wouldn't marry him either, I wouldn't even be with a fool like that! Why are YOU?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend keeps talking about me being with another women. [ 9 Answers ]

Why is my byfriend of 2 years, just know starting to talk about me being with another women? He always talks about it when were having sex.. does he want another women??

I'm married and like talking with women [ 4 Answers ]

I'm married with a good and cute woman but I always like to talk with girls and ve company with them espacially from outside european or asian girls I don t think of sex but just to talk and fel that I'm wanted by another woman

FiancŽ still talking to his ex [ 6 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been together for over two years. I thought everything was going well with our relationship up until a few days ago. He was asleep on the couch and he got a text message. I checked it, it was a random forward from one of his friends. Then, and I don't really know why, I looked...

Husbands talking about sex with other women [ 4 Answers ]

Why would a husband always talk about having sex with another woman to his wife?

Talking on the phone [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is istvan and I have a question. When I'm on phone with my girlfriend I hardly ever have anything to talk about and she's always irritated by it. Can you tell me things I can talk about on the phone with her? Please help me!!

View more questions Search