Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gallinaceous Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Obscure 80/90's children's movie- Possibly anime
    I have been looking for this animated movie for years and I think it has an anime look... If anyone could help with a name it would be appreciated :)

Plot: The world is in this post apocalyptic state where no one can breathe the air. People are riding around on these spaceship looking machines, and everyone has to wear filtering face masks. A young woman (I think she's a princess) rides this wind glider with a little squirrel/monkey animal as a pet. I think she's trying to save the world from these giant Rollie Pollie (Potato Bug) looking monsters with red eyes (or something to that affect). She ends up Dying and then the Monsters bring her back to life... and that's all I remember.

It was a little preachy (save the world from pollution, etc.) and pretty obscure- I haven't even been able to find anything on it- but any info would be helpful- Thanks!
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jan 5, 2007, 03:03 AM
    I know of the movie and yes it is a Japanese anime go to the Turner Broadcast website and type Japanese animae. The station did a salute to this director just a few months ago.
    gallinaceous Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Thank You! I found it: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Again thanks :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A really obscure/random children's movie from the late 80's early 90's [ 3 Answers ]

All right, I don't remember much from it, but it has been bothering me for a long time... so if anyone could help me out I will love you forever. The movie has a bad guy who I don't really remember, but his minions are dark and shadowy and might make mechanical noises when they move. There is a...

90's tech song-obscure [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, there was a song in the 90's that mocked preachers. One line in the song was NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE. Please help it is driving me insane

Children's halloween movie form late 80's/early 90's [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I remember this move from when I was little. I don't remember much but it is driving me crazy. I can't really explain much but please help me if you can! Thanks! It was about this witch academy or school. It was about his little girl who was kind of clutsy and didn't do much right. She may...

Help! Another children's 80's or early 90's movie [ 6 Answers ]

All I remember from this movie is that this girl used to go through the closet in her bedroom to another land. I can't remember what she had to do there, but there was an evil lady that ate cherries out of an enclosed glass case to stay youthful. Towards the end the case got knocked over and the...

Children's movie help// possibly 90s(?) [ 3 Answers ]

Hey =] I'd REALLY like help with a movie that I'm absolutely craving. I can pick out some little details from it.. Hmm, it's about these 3 animals, 1 girl and two boys and they live in a forest with their familys. And they go to this school taught by a badger(?) who has rheumatism and a...

View more questions Search