Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoryBoar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 03:02 PM
    Do I need to disconnect the spray hose for a portable dishwasher? If so, how?
    My portable dishwasher's instruction manual states that I need to disconnect the sprayer hose before I can use the dishwasher. Some information on-line says I can leave it, others say it should be disconnected. I'm just not sure if this is a "Coffee is hot" type of warning or a legitimate one.

I read one suggestion on this website saying that instead of removing the sprayer and hose, I could disconnect the head, pull the hose down below the sink, then reattach the head and simply coil the hose and hang it. If that works that would be my preference since I have no plumbing experience at all, but I don't understand why that would work.

So I guess my question is three-fold.

1. Do I need to worry about this at all?
    2. Would it work to just coil it under the sink? If so, I'd like to understand why that would work.
    3.If the hose does need to be capped, how do I go about doing so (and what do I need to ask for at the hardware store)?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up a portable dishwasher to a 3/4" garden hose spigot [ 8 Answers ]

I've got a doosy... (hopefully it's easier than I've made it). Years ago I installed a portable dishwasher in my kitchen using a 3/4" garden hose spigot because the quick-disconnect that came with the dishwasher had a 3/4" garden hose thread. A few years ago I was forced to buy a new portable...

How do I disconnect a spray hose on a sink [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a leaky hose and I am having trouble disconnecting the hose to faucet connection.

How do I cap off the spray hose on my sink? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to cap off the spray hose unit on my kitchen sink but can't find the cap to do it. Is there one?

Portable AC Exhaust Hose [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Is there some sort of trick to make the exhaust hose stay in place? Despite my best efforts, it wants to slip out of place both on the back of The portable AC unit as well as from the connector in the window. What am I doing wrong? Any hints or tricks on how to make the connection, ...

Shorten spray hose [ 2 Answers ]

My spray hose on my kitchen sink is too long and continuously catches on the pipes under the sink. I want to shorten this hose, but have no idea how. Any info is appreciated.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.