Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OnlyUseMeComp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Baguazhang in Louisville?
    All right, I'm interested in learning Baguazhang in Louisville because I want to learn how to protect myself in certain situations and Baguazhang is a very flowing type of style, as I have seen, but the thing is, I don't know ANY classes that teach in Louisville. Does anyone know any classes in Louisville? It would help out loads, thank you!
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Mar 8, 2011, 02:58 PM
    Over the years I've tried to follow several different types of martial arts. It seems to me the problem ALWAYS is finding the kind of instruction that I would prefer in the area that I would prefer to find it. If you're really head-up about your present interest in Ba-Gua, then you'll need to dedicate yourself to it, and GO where it's available. It will NOT come to you. Unless you're satisfied to learn from YouTube videos. Actually not a bad way to learn and to train. IF you're able to maintain your motivation.

P.S. I've found a Tai-Chi school in North Carolina that also offers Ba-Gua training.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 06:08 AM

Yes to really be able to defend yourself using a lot of martial arts you will need years of training, since the first years are often forms , kata, and routine. You will learn basic blocks and moves but often not how to use them in context of fighting.

A program for self defense often needs to include 3 or 4 types, TKD, karate, and more to be the most effective.
    Does the school have additional classes in fighting or sparring plus practical use for self defense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file eviction in louisville ky [ 1 Answers ]

I allowed a guy (boyfriend) to move in my home about five years ago with the understanding he would pay rent. There was not a rental contract just verbal. Well it has been years later and the rent has never came. He has been through job after job and the money he makes at the time goes to paying...

Wiring louisville gas heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a wall model louisville gas furnace, the pilot is on but the furnace will not come on. There is a red wire that looks to have come off. This red wire is connected to a white and blue wire. Should this red wire be connected to something?

View more questions Search