Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WitchyChrissy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 04:08 PM
    Security tool virus
    I currently trying to get rid of the Security tool virus. It has blocked me from system restore (are somehow disabled and I can't change it, tab missing from computer properties), it has blocked me from regedit.exe, it stopped me from changing folder options to get into hidden files and folders. These are the only way I can figure out how to get rid of it. My one antivirus (malwarebytes) can only delete so much of it, it doesn't seem to faze it. It is the only antivirus that seems to work otherwise the computer shuts down. I don't have a restore disk, never came with one. And it's Windows XP Home edition if anyone has any ideas that I can try. I can get into safemode with is better than the last virus I had.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2010, 07:54 AM

Here is some removal information. Since you can't run regedit, I'm not sure how useful this might be. Maybe try running in safe mode and doing the steps.

Best of luck,
    WallyH
    WitchyChrissy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 05:07 PM
    Tried it, still nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can the parvol virus stay in dogs system before it shows signs of the virus [ 3 Answers ]

Can the parvol virus stay in your dog for 5 weeks or so before it becomes sick. I bought a dog from a breeder and when I phone her to tell her my dog was sick and asked her if any of hers were sick, she told me no. By Saturday (3 days Later) she had cleared all those puppies from her house. She put...

About AVG anti virus security [ 4 Answers ]

Decided to down load AVG free, system never worked properly afterwards so have un-installed for the moment. I use XP with service pack 2 ~ no other conflicting programmes as far as I know ~ might I just not have enough memory with appx. 10 gb spare? I am puzzled, any clues helpful

Restore Internet Explorer after Windows Police Pro and Security Tool. [ 5 Answers ]

Ran into 3 machines I got back going after being taken over by thes Rouge/Scarewares. On the 4th, I have not been able to get Internet Explorer back, From what I understand, It may just be disabled in Registry. Any Ideas to get it back?

Monitoring Ad Click Tool and Autoresponder tool [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want the details of the AD Click Tools and Autoresponder tools. Regards, Stany

Security Center Virus [ 7 Answers ]

Whenever I open my IE, the http://www.syssecuritysite.com/ website opens and says.. WARNING! YOUR SYSTEM IS VULNERABLE TO HACKERS' ATTACKS AND BREAKDOWNS! Following is the process that my system has. I've MCAffe, AVG and AD-Aware, all updated but none of them worked out. Please tell me how...

View more questions Search