Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Summer_27 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Can I get help paying off debt?
    My husband I , collectively make around 60,000 a year , however we have tons of debt. Are there any programs designed to help families who make that much to pay off debt or are they just for low-incomed families?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Nov 8, 2010, 04:50 PM

I am not aware of any programs except debt relief companies and those I would stay away from. What they tell you they could do for you such as reduce your payments and such you can do yourself. Have you tried working out a payment plan? May be now is the time to cut out all the extras and put any extra money toward your debt. Bottom line, you owe it and you need to work out a system to pay it off. I know of people that make way less than you and had more debt than you and they managed to pay it off by cutting back and living below their means until they had their debt under control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying reduced amount for debt [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give. I have been receiving letters from Asset Acceptance LLC for a debt that I believe to be my daughter's debt, but in my name. The debt is for a utility (electricity). The total charges were $450.00+ (not sure of the exact amount). I received a...

Credit Card debt that I'm not paying [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. My question is, I have credit card debt that equals approx. $17,000 spread over 3 cards (Am ex. Chase, Barclays bank) I have had to live off these due to situations with economy and now I can't pay them. It's either I feed my family or I pay them! I live in WA state. I have heard lots of...

Paying off credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

Are companies like Debt Settlement Services legit companies or a rip off? I have several high interest credit cards and can no longer afford the payments due to serious illness of family members

Settlig debt vs paying it in full [ 1 Answers ]

What difference does it make (with my credit score) if I pay the settlement amount vs the full amount on a account that has gone to collection agency?

On social secuity and paying debt [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm new here . I have a friend who has a son on social security disability.He is unable to pay a credit card debt of 3,000 dollars. I had heard that a persons social security cannot be garnished. Is there any truth to this? Thank you

View more questions Search