Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa4168 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Credit cards taking me to court
    If I get a judgement against me for non payment, how long does it stay on my record? And how long can they still collect?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Nov 8, 2010, 04:53 PM

A judgement will stay on your credit report for at least 10 years. They can do wage garnishments if your state allows and attach your bank accounts until it is paid off
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2010, 07:50 PM

And to add, most places it is easy to renew the judgement from one to unlimited times, So often the judgement will stay good forever ( till you die) or till it is paid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card taking me to court [ 7 Answers ]

I just received a summons to appear in our local county court over a default credit card bill. I do not dispute that I owe the bill but am unable to pay the full amount and the attorney representing the company will not accept smaller payments. I am on SSI disability and that is the only income I...

If you go to court over unpaid credit cards, what can they do to you? [ 2 Answers ]

We have credit card debt and have not been able to settle it with the creditors.We went with a debt company and ended up getting sued before the 36 month program was finished.they were to settle it for 50% they told us. They have been no help and we were behind because of the recession. Now were...

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

View more questions Search