Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rharrington Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2004, 06:15 AM
    Trouble with Word
    I am having a real problem with Word, the version is Word 2002, part of my Office XP suite

Every time I open a word document and want to print it I am having a lot of trouble.

Here is what happens:

I open the document, then go to File, Print

As soon as I do this the very top bar with the name of the document and the program (Microsoft Word) begins to blink/ flash
    At the same time down on the tool bar the tab that represents this document also begins to flash orange ( I am using Windows XP)
    There is nothing I can do to close the document except doing CNTRL/ALT/DELT
    Or if I right click on the tab at the bottom eventually the print dialog box opens but then I can't see the document……….. I can print fine ina any other program IE Notepad/ Excel or any other program, I tried to run the repair option on Office that didn't do any good, I ted tweaking all the settings I could think of I even went to my printer's web site to get a updated driver, although I didn't think this would help…

I just don't know how to fix this bug, I even ran Norton to see if I had a virus…everything is fine there
    Now here is the strange thing if I open the document and just click on the printer icon on the toolbar it prints fine right away …with not problem.

Please help/advise
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Nov 30, 2004, 07:31 PM
    Uninstall and reinstall the Office Suite. This will not delete your data.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble with font size in Word [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. Wonder if someone can help please. Friend of mine types a word document, font size 12, when he prints it out, comes out about 6/7. No trouble with photo's. He has re-installed Microsoft Word (2000) and printer but no joy. When he highlights the text and increases the font size, it prints OK....

Trouble with Miscrosoft Word problems [ 3 Answers ]

Word 8 True/False Indicate whether the sentence or statement is true or false. TF 1. The Delete key deletes a soft page break. TF 2.

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Using Word [ 1 Answers ]

I have Windows 98 and I want to know how to make templates for different size paper and different margins. Please make it simple, as I have tried about 3 hours and cannot get it right, and thank you so much for your help Kathryn Klenk [email protected] I write a lot of letters and copy...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search