Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annoyedpoed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 08:12 AM
    Who do I talk to about a volunteer fireman who is abusing his position
    I have this problem with a neighbor for near 5 years now. I tried to ignore him but he is like a bad penny keeps turning up. I keep reminding myself that he is not worth me going to jail. He has done everything from throwing nails in my driveway to calling the township on my fences(which I have legal permits for) this landed me in court for 5 years and just was knocked down for the variance. He is friends with the township. I went to the Mayor, And other officials they blew it off. Now yesterday he had his friend standing in the street talking about my house and fences and he had a wrench in his hand. Also they have cameras all over their house and two of the are pointed at my house directly. The daughter in law and son are using some type of illegal device that they use a headset , it is a black box about the size of a small modem with an antenna that was up against the window. When she noticed that I was watching she **** the blinds quickly.
    What can I do and can I file charges at this point.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2010, 08:26 AM

Why were you wasting time taking to the mayor? It's not the mayor's job to deal with harassment. Have you tried calling the police yet? That would have been the thing to do, call the police and make them file reports. If he's friends with higher ups though, even if you get the police to make reports it might not do much good, they could end up getting "lost" and nothing ever being done if he's friends with the right people. But there's not a chance of anything being done if none of it is ever reported.

And how is he abusing his position? He sounds like a real jerk, but I don't see how it has any relationship to his position as a volunteer.

I've got to ask though, this harassment seems kind of extreme, any clues as to why he doesn't like you so much?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2010, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annoyedpoed View Post
    The daughter in law and son are using some type of illegal device that they use a headset , it is a black box about the size of a small modem with an antenna that was up against the window. When she noticed that I was watching she **** the blinds quickly.

What can I do and can i file charges at this point.
    Hello a:

How do you know it's illegal? What do they use this device for? How does the fireman ABUSE his position, which is what I though you were going to tell us? Why is standing in the street with a wrench in your hand, illegal? How do you know what they were talking about? File charges for what?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A movie about a lady I think is a radio show host and a fireman, who mess with eachot [ 1 Answers ]

I think the guy is the one who played in no country for old men. And maybe he has a kid helps him mess with the radio ladies life?? Does anyone know what movie this is?

Looking to leave position with no compete clause... same field different position [ 4 Answers ]

Wondering if leaving for a different position in same type business <much smaller scale> is enforceable in a no compete clause

Ceiling fan works in the clockwise position but not in the counterclockwise position [ 1 Answers ]

Our ceiling fan (circa 1998, Gulf STream Model 978A/five blade) has the typical switch on the side of the housing to enable the fan to go clockwise or counterclockwise. Counterclockwise works at all three speeds. Clockwise does not work at all. Gives no indication (motor noise) that there is any...

Am I a Fireman Yet? [ 10 Answers ]

In Phoenix , Arizona , a 26-year-old mother stared down at her 6 year old son, who was dying of terminal leukemia. Although her heart was filled with sadness, She also had a strong feeling of determination. Like any parent, she wanted her son to grow up & Fulfill all his dreams. Now that was...

View more questions Search