Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marissamissy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 01:28 AM
    Keloid on my cartliage?
    I had my ear pierced with a gun at my local mall. I was wearing a normal stud and a few months after it healed, I noticed a tender bump. That ear looked a little deformed, puffy and red. I thought it was normal and never told anyone. I kept cleaning, even after the 12 weeks that is recommended. Finally, I got scared that it was getting worse. I went to my local tattoo shop and the piercer told me to take out the stud that I had. She said that it was the cause of the Keloid because my ear was sensitive to that fake jewellery.

She inserted a surgical steel captive bead ring. I immediately started feeling a difference. My ear wasn't as red and the bump was not as tender. She told me not to play with it and do sea salt soaks for about 2 weeks. I followed her instructions. For the first week, it did feel better. The bump got smaller. I am still continuing with the sea salt soaks.

As I was inspecting my ear this week, I noticed that the tenderness and bump is still there. I took out the captive bead ring which was very difficult and painful. I decided that I am not going to put it back in. I really want to keep this piercing. I love it but I feel that I have to get rid of it.

I am hoping that the removal of the piercing all together will make the keloid shrink and eventually go away. One day, I hope to get it pierced again... Any suggestions on what I could do to keep this piercing and not let it close?

Any tips on getting a keloid to shrink without having to visit a doctor?

Please and thank you.
    :)

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if I'm getting a keloid [ 1 Answers ]

I got a piercing 3 weeks ago and I I've noticed a small bown mark close to my piercing.. is it a keloid?

Does a cartliage piercing hurt at first? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 12 years old and all my friends got their ear cartliage pierced. I have LOW pain tolerance. If this helps anything, I brought tears when I got the tetnus shot. So I was only wondering if the gun hurts me when they inject the piercing? What does it feel like? *** HELP! And I understand about...

Cartliage pericing. [ 1 Answers ]

okay so I periced my cartilage about a 4 days ago and my ear still really hurts. I clean it everyday with ear cleaner it hurts still. Its not infected though because I periced it 3 other times and the 1st time the earing fell out and the second time it got infected but not that bad because I took...

Cartliage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got my cartliage done at the end of oct and their was no pain then a couple of week latter their was some pain when I clean them and when I sleep on them they got a little fever and was red and purple so I took them out and waited a couple of weeks I felt lumps on both of...

Ear Cartliage Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Does piercing your cartliage means anything? Is that a symbol of anything?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.