Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quignice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 05:26 PM
    How can I convert my Goodman furnace from propane back to natural gas?
    I recently had gas lines ran to my home and now want to get rid of propane. I have Goodman mod CAPF4860D6BA s/n 0806245469.. Can't seem to find much but going from gas to propane but not the other way around..
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 05:52 PM

You install new orifices to change from NG to propane. Reverse process and install origginal orfices should do the trick. You may need to stop by a HVAC shop or gas provider to get a kit. However, inspect the area around and near the orifices, many installers tape the old orifices inside the cabinet
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 06:51 PM

Ballengerb1 is correct. You will need to take the model and serial numbers to a local hvac shop and have them order you a conversion kit. The kit will consist of orifaces for the manifold, and a spring(or two springs if it's a two stage gas valve). This really is a simple job, but, really should be done by a pro, as the gas pressures will need to be adjusted correctly, which requires the correct instruments to achieve. When dealing with gas, I would suggest definitely having a furnace tech perform the job. They should be able to convert the system safely in short order. Please let us know how things work out.
    angell5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 09:10 AM

Is the nozel located right inside were the gas line meets the gas valve
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 04:22 PM

Hi angel. Depends on the unit. If you can post a pic of your gas valve and burner assembly, I should be able to tell you. Usually only ceiling hung unit heaters, and some mobile home furnaces have one orifice right off the gas valve, but there are other units that I believe do also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you convert a gas dryer from propane to natural gas [ 1 Answers ]

How do you convert a gas dryer from propane to natural gas?

How do I convert a propane clothes dryer to natural gas? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a propane gas clothes dryer and installed a conversion kit from the manaufacturer. My house connection already had a connection for my old natural gas dryer but when I connected the new dryer it is not getting gas and won't start. My inlet pipe has 2 psig regulator in line. What am I...

Convert my dryer from propane to natural gas [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how to convert my whirlpool dryer from propane to natural gas please help gayle

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

View more questions Search