Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlm63 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 04:28 AM
    Boyfriend wants to be friends with a girl he was interested in
    Boyfriend wants to be friends with a girl he was interested in. He says he was "really" good friends with her and that he will not talk to her but will hate me for it. What's really going on here? Am I being crazy to think this is wrong?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 7, 2010, 06:16 AM
    Jealousy isn't crazy, most of us feel it, but it's going to get you nowhere. You issued an ultimatum and now he is 'going to hate you'... which do you prefer, a bitter guy on a short leash or you uncertain that he will go astray? He could leave in either case.
    Give him freedom to have friends, even women who might or might not turn into romantic interests, and just make it clear that you are out of there if they do. Then the burden is on him to decide what is important to him.

Nov 8, 2010, 02:53 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I caught him cheating on me 4 months ago with his ex. Took him back and now I'm having to deal with him trying to be friends with the girl he tried to date before me.

Nov 8, 2010, 02:55 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I just think it's really disrespectful to put temptation like that in a relationship you know?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 8, 2010, 09:02 AM
    He obviously doesn't have a very good track record and it sounds like he's adding fuel to the fire. He broke your trust once, if he wants it back, he's going to have to work for it. Though you might feel unreasonable, but you've already taken a leap of faith by taking him back. A better question is why is he still with you if he rather walk on eggshells rather than on solid ground.

Only to play devil's advocate, if you did decide to take him back, then you should trust him or at least see some progress. If you don't trust him or don't believe that he can earn your trust back, then this relationship is heading to its end whether you want to or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't get this girl! Interested or not interested! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I think I need some help on this one. I met 2 months ago a girl. She is studiyng away from home (in my city) and so she doesn´t know anyone except me and my friends. Suddenly I was spending my free time alone with her, we went out, lunch, dinner... all that type of things... and in...

Are there other people who are not interested in new friends. [ 3 Answers ]

So, I have spoken about this small town I live in and all the close minded people living here... and how I don't really fit in... in past posts. My husband is very active in this golf club... and he's made a few friends there. It's his first year at this place... and he loves it. I'm so happy...

Alien girl and human girl become friends 90s movie [ 3 Answers ]

I can NOT think of the name of the movie or characters for absolutely anything in the world. I know there was a teen age girl, she was a brunette and she was actually an alien that looked completely human. She was weird, not like the other people that lived in that town (that was right on the...

Interested in a girl with a boyfriend [ 24 Answers ]

You've probably heard this story a million times, but hear me out -- at least for a few paragraphs. Here's the scenario: we go to the same college in the northeast, both in our early 20s. I met her at the start of this semester in our Spanish class. I don't know what it was, but just one day I...

I like this girl, we're friends I want to be her boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

There's this girl I like, we are pretty good friends but on the weekend we hooked up and now I want her to be my girlfriend but I don't know if she like me and don't want to ask her and the her say no what do I do

View more questions Search